Are rifters annoyed Facebook owns it now

Discussion in 'Oculus Rift Forum' started by L00ncan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. L00ncan

L00ncan Member

Money:
    $82
    Cause we all know facebook is going to go micro transaction crazy, oh and fascist crazy i hear on facebook their starting to ban people for simply having gun pictures on their profiles, this is not even getting started on their "pacifist" stance, i'm sure being a pacifist with the "far-left" on facebook is kewl but being a pacifist gamer is just shear poison, the same kinda people who petition things like bans on GTA

Pay2View is going to be big on facebook also, like everything that can go wrong with videogames seems to be the embodiment scroll of facebook.

i fear very bad things for the rift in all honesty, fans need to quit getting excited

2. VRLife

VRLife Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $21,358
    I dont use FB so it has not bothered me much lol. If they start requiring me to log into Facebook just to use the Rift then I will be annoyed. But I cant see this happening.

3. L00ncan

L00ncan Member

Money:
    $82
    Zuckerberg is rumored to have sunk a further 10 billion into the rift not to mention the 2.5 billion he's already spent so i'm sure he'll be wanting to see a merge with his existing company, so i wouldn't bank on it

i'm definitely waiting on the Valve Vive after these reports

4. Future

Future Member

Money:
    $30
    That sucks! Facebook own nearly everything now lol. Didn't they also buy Instagram for billions?

5. helifrek

helifrek Member

Money:
    $80
    I am not too bothered by it although I do think Facebook is the devil :)

I hope that they keep the two companies separate for the most part. I could see advertising the rift on fb or fb for the rift but hopefully they will not make it a requirement.

6. VRLife

Money:
    $21,358
    This pic says a lot.

[​IMG]

L00ncan likes this.
  7. L00ncan

L00ncan Member

Money:
    $82
    Lol this is feeling less than "rumors" he really did sink another 10 billion on top of his initial 2-billion into the rift.

So many people will be switching to the Valve-Vive, sry for hating on you Rifters but that's all the proof you need to boycott the soon to be "micro transaction" machine

8. VRLife

Money:
    $21,358
    Where are you finding out about this 10 billion dollar rumor?

9. L00ncan

L00ncan Member

Money:
    $82
    This was around a few articles i stumbledupon about 2-months back, he was telling the press he see's his future of facebook in VR, then quoted a price